Saturday, January 6, 2007

Lowboy planning

I'm still waiting on parts for the roof, but in the meantime there is lots to be thought over. The great thing is, there are many many trailer options. The downside is that there are many, many, trailer options. Current options include a cloth or metal sided B-train (red, duh), a potatoe trailer with unloading conveyor, a hydraulic neck lowboy, or a somehow robotic NXT trailer!

Right now I'm leaning towards the lowboy, because it would have pneumatics, be fun to build, and not tie up my NXT. (Also I have no robotic trailer ideas :P)

It would have 2 or 3 axles, with either pneumatic or sprung suspension, and possibly breaks, depending if the can fit. Heres some pictures:







All images hosted on brickshelf.com

On another note, it looks like Lego will be introducing a new, small, remote control, hopefully geared, minimotor this summer!! I can see where this is heading. Heres the pic: